July 2004 Update
Some of you may be wondering why it has taken me so long to do an update. I usually try and let a few discs pile up before I do one. The thing is, there haven't been many new discs to add ... but here's one:
- The bonus material from the WEIGHT sessions has finally arrived. The WEIGHTING is over.
December 2002 Update
- An old Christmas compilation featuring Twas the Night Before Christmas, entitled A LUMP OF COAL
- Yet another bootleg of the same 1995 performances, entitled TATTOO
- Sweet & Pungent, a DreamWorks sampler
- Complete information about various versions of nice, including an alternate cover, and the european version and the advance disc
- A promo single for Your Number Is One
- The companion disc for nice, entitled A NICER SHADE OF RED
- Rollins Band's 4-disc boxed set AUDIO AIRSTRIKE CONSULTANTS, contains re-releases of the 80's Rollins Band material
- The END OF SILENCE re-issue, with lots of great bonus material
- A live double CD of show from the nice tour, THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE
- The END OF SILENCE DEMOS, a great recording of this material
- RISE ABOVE, a disc of 24 Black Flag songs to benefit the West Memphis Three
About this Discography:
This discography is an attempt to provide as much information as
possible on the Rollins Band's musical work available on compact disc.
It is by no means complete, and only contains information on compact
discs that have been brought to my attention. I hope to make it more
complete with the help of people like yourself. If you have information
on a release that is not detailed here, please contact me so that we
can improve this discography.
Included in this discography are Rollins Band official releases
(including promotional discs), bootleg recordings, and Rollins Band
related releases. The discs are organized in a number of fashions:
You can browse the discs by their type, where they are arranged chronologically:
You can browse all the discs together in
I have not indicated where certain discs were released, except where it is
particularly relevant. Information in brackets, is either a correction
(where the packaging is clearly incorrect) or a clarification. I have
attempted to format the information as it appears on the packaging
(which may account for any inconsistencies and/or humour). The
use of block lettering (ALL CAPITALS) is done for this reason.
The discography works like this:
Select a category of discs to browse. Click on a particular disc's
cover or name to move to detailed information on that disc. Click
on the disc's cover again to see a full size graphic of that cover.
CDs I know I need to add:
- The remastered version of WEIGHT
- Iggy Pop's American Caesar
- A bootleg entitled A Hardcore Performance
- Various Mother Superior CDs produced by Rollins
This discography is residing in a new home now. For many years, it was
generously hosted by Alf on the Rollins' Stuff website. Alf was a driving
force behind this discography. He encouraged me to start writing it, he
wrote the early HTML, and he was accomodating of me as I became more proficient
and was able to handle the web design and maintainance myself. My sincere
thanks to Alf for his great generosity in serving these pages for many years
and for being of such great help in all those other ways. Even though we were
on opposite sides of the world, we were able to make it work. Now I've taken
that last step and am going it alone.
Thanks to James Parker for acknowledging my continuing work on this resource
in the U.S. version of his biography of Henry Rollins, TURNED ON.
Also a thank you to everyone who has emailed me, both to help me expand the
content and to provide feedback.
I put a lot of work into this discography, and when people use portions of it
and don't give credit where credit is due, that pisses me off. If you want to
use my content, ask me first please. Do not take my hypertext or images and
then pass them off as your own work, that's just rude.
All original hypertext and images linked herein are Copyright David Tenenbaum, 2004. All
reproduced content of course is the property of its respective owners and is included here
only on an informational basis.
David Tenenbaum (07.12.04)